Monday, September 27, 2010

He's so cool!


Lately I hear myself exclaiming little blurbs about God like: He's so cool! He's way better than I thought. I can't believe how FUN life can be following Jesus!

The revelation of His goodness is sinking in deeper in my life. So much so, it's like talking about a friend I just love to be around. And I keep discovering how it all stems out of my relationship with Him.

As I get to know Jesus more, I'm amazed about his love for me. His thoughts and words toward me are soooo affirming. His confidence in me is amazing! God's like the most proud dad before I even start trying to accomplish something. These revelations are changing my life.

Recently I've talked a lot to friends and family about my last year serving around the world in missions and I just remembered one of the keys I've forgotten to share. Through this past season I've been learning that when my truest identity is realized in Christ, everything seems possible. Instead of feeling fear or doubt as I face this or that event, I can tap into confidence and peace. I am hidden in Christ - that means I have access to unlimited resources of heaven. Wild! More and more I've been choosing to align how I see myself with who God says I am and it's awesome. Instead of worry, I seek God's perspective and discover such peace.

This change is affecting everything in the best way. As I step out to lead missions teams, I find I'm not as fearful of things going wrong or all the 'what if...'s. When people don't respond the way I would like them to or the day doesn't go as planned, I'm far less bothered by it. Before this, so much of my confidence was wrapped up in people's reactions or encouragement or lack thereof. But now I'm moving forward in more peace, grace, and joy than I ever had before regardless of the changing situations around me.

I like what Graham Cooke says, "Learn to walk in God's perception of who you are, because yours is not good enough."

1 comment:

A said...

Yes, Jesus is sooooo cool. He's so beautiful, dynamic, lowly yet exalted, more dangerous than I ever thought possible, yet so good beyond my comprehension. He is Jesus, the Lover and Pursuer o my soul. You have the best Man in the world!