Friday, November 27, 2009

"Since I have my life before me..."

I read something today that choked me up a bit in a book called Crazy Love. It was found in the writing of a young girl who put words to the feelings I have burning in my heart - the thoughts that seem foolish, but resonate as true. This teenager would spend her baby-sitting money on Bibles that she passed out to all of her unsaved friends. She wrote this essay when she was 12 years old…

“SINCE I HAVE MY LIFE BEFORE ME”
by Brooke Bronkowski

I’ll live my life to the fullest. I’ll be happy. I’ll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will be kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.
You see, I’ll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I’ll have moments, good and bad, but I will wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that’s all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I’ll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I’ll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.
I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!!

-----------------------

Three years after writing this, she was killed in a car accident. Around 200 people committed their lives to Jesus at her funeral.

Will you be a history maker?

No comments: